Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Nothing is Impossible for God (Growing pains)

As a minister I have found that the idea of growth brings concerns, but why? The best example of this would be as a young skinny 12 year old i went through a summer where I grew 7 inches, you hear it right 7 INCHES! In one summer I became the most clumsy lanky and awkward kid, my joints all hurt and it took me a while to get used to and fill into my new size. Growing hurt but soon, I would fill into my body and there were great benefits of being big. I understand that many people enjoy feeling comfortable,especially when it comes to their roles in church or as an employee, or even as a parent or spouse; however in our efforts to stay comfortable we can become complacent. It is easy for us to see something in front of us that seemingly is too daunting for us to overcome, however today I want you to understand that there is nothing too big for God. This can be on many levels, as a Church thinking we can't grow because its too hard or too much work is an example of not having faith in God to work within us. As individuals, coming up with excuses of why we are not good enough to allow God to use you, or why you are not worthy of God's love and forgiveness, can keep you from reaching the relational and  . Ezekiel preached to dry bones and brought new life to his people by allowing God to use him for His glory, Ezekiel had faith in what God was calling him to do and he did it. Where are you at? Are you allowing past failures to keep you away from the future and present successes? Are you allowing the idea of future issues or stressors keep you from even trying to reach your potential? Watch this video clip from the movie "Facing the Giants" I hope that it helps you to be motivated to push harder to give your all and that you may see the Glory God has set for you and that nothing is impossible for God, especially if you give him everything. 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LETS GET INTO A DISCUSSION, I LOVE FEEDBACK!